Wound Care Clinic
4 Wounds Wound Care Clinic
The 4Wounds Wound Care Clinic, situated at ZAH, treats and promotes the healing of various kinds of wounds including chronic or slow-healing wounds. We offer:
- Holistic wound assessment and management
- Advanced Wound care
- VAC and NPWT therapy,
- The treatment of pressure injuries, post-surgical wounds, diabetic foot ulcers, Diabetic foot and nail care, Venous and arterial ulcers, open abdomens and sternal wounds. infected wounds, acute and chronic wounds and more.
- Wounds that resist healing and are hard to heal
- Conservative wound debridement
- Advanced wound care products
- Education about dressing changes, skin care and nutrition
- Mobile wound care services and home visits
The Wound Care Team
Sr. Zhavandre van der Merwe is a clinical nurse specialist with a master’s degree in wound healing and tissue repair from the University of Cardiff UK Whales. She is currently one of two South African nursing specialists to hold this qualification. Sr Zhavandre is also a co-author for the South African consensus document on non-healing and hard to heal wounds, and holds the position of Vice Chair for the Wound Healing Association of South Africa (WHASA) Gauteng Chapter. Zhavandre also provides clinical education courses for wound management.
4Wounds provides personalized and holistic wound management to each patient which will promote healing, preventing wound recurrence and improve quality of life.
The clinic is a private practice and independently owned.
Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital, Clinic 1, Room 2
293 Bourke Street
Zuid Afrikaans Hospital
07:00 – 16:00 Monday – Thursday
07:00 – 13:00 Friday
Weekends Emergency call out only
Landline: +27(0)12 343 6406