Discharge and feedback
As your hospital discharge date approaches, we want you to feel prepared and empowered with the information and resources you need to ensure a smooth continuation of your care and recovery.
Patients & Visitors
Your health care team will work closely with you to make sure that you have the information and resources you need to ensure a smooth continuation of your care and recovery. Throughout your stay various members of your health care team will speak with you to discuss your discharge instructions.
On the day of your discharge your nurse will make arrangements for a wheelchair to transport you to the reception area.
Confirm the following with your health team:
- The recommended steps that you should follow with regards to your diet, medications and activity.
- Your follow-up appointment.
- Your wound care, if necessary.
- Prescribed medication. Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital has an on-site pharmacy that will fill your prescriptions and deliver them to you before you leave the hospital.
Make sure that you take the following with you:
- Radiology reports and scans
- Orthopaedical appliances, such as crutches
- Electronic appliances and cables
- Personal items
Whether you are going home, to a rehabilitation or a step-down facility, we strive to ensure a smooth transition of care between the hospital and your destination.
If, for any reason, you are concerned about leaving the hospital and your transition home, please bring it to the attention of your health care team.
Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital is committed to the highest quality standards. If you have any concerns, we kindly ask you to inform the nursing staff or the doctors. Your valuable input will help us to improve our service and facilities.
For general feedback or inquiries you can phone us directly on +27(0)12 343 0300, or contact us via the feedback form below.
Our Public Relations Officer will promply investigate any feedback, and where relevant, provide you with feedback.